Welcome to Carbon! This tutorial will guide you in creating an Angular app with the Carbon Design System. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of using Carbon components, while introducing web development best practices along the way.
Here’s a preview of what you will build:
This tutorial is intended for people with all amounts of web development experience. If you want to jump straight to code, you may want to skip this tutorial and go to the developers getting started page.
This is a web development tutorial that uses the Carbon Angular components. If you’re just getting started with Angular and enjoy learning-by-doing, check out the official Angular guide.
Each step in this tutorial illustrates a different aspect of developing web applications with Carbon. We recommend starting with step 1, but you can pick up any step and take it from there.
- Installing Carbon
- Create a web app with the UI shell component.
- Building pages
- Build out pages with the grid and various components.
- Using APIs
- Populate the data table with an external data source.
- Creating components
- Extend Carbon by creating your own components.
- Deploying to IBM Cloud
- Build and host your app in a production environment.